Friday 8 February 2008

Misty update


Well, Misty was spayed on Wednesday. We took her in at 8am and collected her at 5pm. She was very groggy from the anaesthetic and she has a huge bandage all around her middle, like a girdle. She looks really funny. We we got her home she laid on me for a hour or so a slept, then wanted to go downstairs and she slept in front of the fire for a couple of hours. After that there was no stopping her! I know that the vets always tell you to keep them quiet, but try telling that to a kitten!

We are going back to the vets this morning to have the bandage removed/changed and for them to check the wound and stitches. When we had Rosie and Tabitha done in the UK, Tab took her own stitches out!

She has been very cuddly all through the night and has been getting under the covers with us. We have had to keep her in our room with us during the night as we have not let her go outside yet. She woke me up this morning by trying to dig to the centre of the earth in her litter tray.

4 comments:

Stew said...

"she has a huge bandage all around her middle, like a girdle. She looks really funny"

picture please?

Debra in France said...

Hi Stew, no sooner said, than done.

aims said...

Finally out of her misery! Hooray!
Dolly sleeps under the covers with her head on my pillow - every night. It is very sweet.

Debra in France said...

Hi aims, I love cats and kittens on the bed! Oh got up before me this morning and bought me a cup of tea. Misty followed him back upstairs and snuggled up to me with her little head under my chin! So cute!