Tuesday 8 September 2009

Friends to dinner

I love having friends round for a meal - I love cooking, I love eating and I love seeing other people enjoy things I have made.

Our good friends Maggie and Alan came round on Friday for a joint celebration of our 13th wedding anniversary and their 30th anniversary. They were staying the night as well, which meant that Alan could have a drink and relax.

We had asked them to come at around 5pm so that we could have to start with. I had made some parmesan spiral and we had bought some anchovies in a provencal sauce, some wasabi coated peanuts and some rice crackers.

I made a prawn cocktail to start, which seemed to go down well. For the main course I stuffed chicken breasts with Boursin cheese, coated them in breadcrumbs and baked them in the oven. These were served with loads of roasted vegetables - red and yellow peppers, squash, onions, garlic and courgette, roast potatoes and garlic green beans. Dessert was a strawberry fool, with home made lavender shortbread and a chocolate dipped strawberry. We had bread and cheese later in the evening when we had room in our tummies!!

Mags and I drank champagne and Ian and Alan started with beer then went onto red wine.

As usual we put the world to rights during the evening, and had a brilliant time. It is funny how chance meetings can turn into great friendships. Maggie had phoned a couple of years ago after seeing my hairdressing advert in a magazine. We clicked immediately and kept in touch almost daily by email when they went back to the UK at the end of the summer. Now they live out here permanently and we are still in touch almost every day. We are so lucky to know them.

8 comments:

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

There's nothing better than an easy friendship. Sounds like you had a great time and that chicken with boursin sounds terrific.

aims said...

Hey Debra.

I've been reading about the storms and deaths over in France and have been worrying about my blogging friends.

Please let me know that you are safe and sound!

I got in touch with Deborah From Here to Eternity and she says she is fine.

Please please please let me know you are safe!

I LOVE FRANCE said...

Hello
Is there any sign of spring in good old France
Hope you are well

Anonymous said...

I love to eat too! This is my first time blogging, but I enjoyed your discription of your love of food and how you like to see others enjoy what you've cooked. We share that passion! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi to every bodу, іt's my first go to see of this webpage; this blog includes remarkable and really excellent material for visitors.

Also visit my web-site :: coffee pure cleanse walmart

FitnessLover said...

For all of your problems, you can contact our Kraken Phone Number +1-847-868-3847. For a fast and quick response for your support.
For more info visit here- https://krakencontactinfo.com/kraken-support-number-2020

FitnessLover said...

Call on ATOMIC WALLET support phone number and get plentiful solutions that could be useful in creating an account on the ATOMIC WALLET. ATOMIC WALLET Support Number 1-(856) 254-3098. For more info visit here- https://atozwallets.com/atomic-wallet-support-number

greenaddresssupportblog said...

KuCoin is an unadulterated crypto-to-crypto trade and will, in this manner, not process fiat installments. The upside of this is KuCoin lives consistent with the blockchain and crypto industry's strategic obscurity through unknown exchanges. On the other side, be that as it may, it makes passage into the crypto space generally harder for novices. Since KuCoin won't process fiat stores, you should initially connect with a fiat-to-crypto trade like Coinbase or Kraken, trade it for your favored crypto and pull back them into your crypto wallet before redepositing the recently gained cryptos in the KuCoin stage. Get best customer care support contact our KuCoin Phone Number +[1-847-868-3847]. KuCOin Phone Number