Monday 8 October 2007

Memories of Paris


I had forgotten so much of our recent trips to Paris until I downloaded the photos. Outside Notre Dame cathedral there was a man with a bag of bird seed. He was holding handfuls of it and raising his arm up and sparrows would flock to his hand to feed. I watched for ages, mesmorised by it. He beckoned me over and gave mea handful of bird seed and raised my arm, and lo and behold sparows were sitting on my hand feeding! It was fantastic, they were so light I could barely feel them on me.



The other brilliant bit was when we were in the Stade de France there was a fly past by a French air display team. It gave me goose bumps to see them fly over the stade trailing coloured smoke behind them.






We climbed to the top of Notre Dame and the view was amazing. Paris was the most beautiful city I have ever been to. The architecture was stunning, it was extremely clean, very easy to walk around and the metro was easy to navigate. I would definitely go back and do some more sightseeing, there was so much we didn't get to see. This is a view from the top of Notre Dame, with the Eiffel Tower in the distance.

No comments: